The first thing you need to started with bitcoins is an e-wallet. You e-wallet will allow you to receive, store and send your bitcoins.
There are two options for bitcoin wallets.
1. Online e-wallet
The simplest e-wallets to use are online e-wallets. The website BlockChain allows you to access your bitcoins from most PC’s, smart phones, and mobile devices. Once signed up, BlockChain will provide you with your bitcoin address. Make sure you back up your wallet!
2. Download a bitcoin client.
Downloading a bitcoin client can often be safer than an online e-wallet. However bitcoin clients can often be more complicated, and use more bandwidth. The original open-source bitcoin client can be downloaded at http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/. Once installed it will provide your bitcoin address. But again, make sure you back up your wallet!
Bitcoins can be bought in New Zealand Dollars at The Daktory CoinMarket.
1. Click the bitcoin package you want to buy.
2. Enter your bitcoin address in the field provided and press the “Add to cart” button.
3. Proceed to the checkout select whether you want register for an account, or checkout as a guest. Continue.
4. Fill out the required fields. Continue to Payment Information.
5. Select payment information. You will be given a bank account to deposit NZD into. Continue
6. Place order.
7. As soon as we have received the funds, we will transfer you your bitcoins!
You can find lots of Bitcoin-related services on the Trade page in the Bitcoin Wiki.
Check out Bitcoin’s largest online auction house at BitMit!
Turn your Bitcoins into gift cards from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes and many more at SpendBitcoins.com. Or get gift codes for services like XBoxLive, PSN or iTunes instantly online at Bitcoincodes.com.
Buy music, ebooks, wallpapers and other downloadable content at CoinDL!
You might also want to check the Bitcoin Marketplace forum on Bitcoin.org.
Over-the-counter trading is being done via IRC chat in Bitcoin OTC (#bitcoin-otc on Freenode).
[Some information has been copied from www.weusecoins.com. All credit to them.]